We are so excited that you want to join us next year.
Here are some important things to know about the process before we get started:
- The 2024 DipTRMāori L5 programme is now closed and we will no longer be receiving applications. This will be opened up again in September 2024 for the 2025 intake
- You are still able to complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) form for the 2024 DipTRMāori L6 programme
- The programmes are full-time and will take place between Feb 12 – Nov 15, 2024
- Filling out the EOI doesn’t guarantee a place on the programme
- We will conduct formal interviews throughout November/December with each potential student
- Successful students will then be invited to apply for our programme after this
We can’t wait to read your EOI and meet you in person.
I’m not Māori, can I still apply?
Is this a Christian kaupapa?
Why have you partnered with Te Wānanga Amorangi (Laidlaw College)?
Te Wānanga Ihorangi
Expression of Interest
Mēnā e tono ana koe i te taumata tuaono (DipTRMāori L6), tuhia ō whakautu ki te reo Māori.
“My mum was the first ancestor since Hawaiki who wasn’t able to speak Māori on her side. That weighs on me yeah but I’m committed to keep going and to make sure that isn’t my story. Nah, for sure that is definitely not going to be my story.”
Christian Gallen (Ngāti Kahungunu),
Te Wānanga Ihorangi graduate
“I needed the push to go further from our kaiako. They were gentle but firm, and met me where I was at. All of a sudden I was doing a karanga, and calling out from a deep place. Reclamation of identity and culture can be tough, but the amazing way the kaiako walked alongside us made a big difference.”