We are so excited that you want to join us.
Here are some important things to know about the process before we get started:
- The 2024 DipTRMāori L5 and DipTRMāori L6 programmes are now underway and we will no longer be accepting enrolments for these courses
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) will open again on June 1 for our 2025 programmes. We highly recommend you sign up for our e-newsletter so we can send you a reminder email on that date
- Filling out the EOI doesn’t guarantee the applicant a place on the programme
- The more you tell about yourself the better, we expect a large number of applicants and not every EOI will be interviewed
- We will conduct formal interviews throughout September 2024, so expect to hear back from us in September this year to organise an interview time
- Successful students will then be invited to apply for our 2025 programmes on October 1
We can’t wait to read your EOI and meet you in person.
I’m not Māori, can I still apply?
Is this a Christian kaupapa?
Why have you partnered with Te Wānanga Amorangi (Laidlaw College)?
“My mum was the first ancestor since Hawaiki who wasn’t able to speak Māori on her side. That weighs on me yeah but I’m committed to keep going and to make sure that isn’t my story. Nah, for sure that is definitely not going to be my story.”
Christian Gallen (Ngāti Kahungunu),
Te Wānanga Ihorangi graduate
“I needed the push to go further from our kaiako. They were gentle but firm, and met me where I was at. All of a sudden I was doing a karanga, and calling out from a deep place. Reclamation of identity and culture can be tough, but the amazing way the kaiako walked alongside us made a big difference.”